pricing question

No idea mucker I would if I were you take a look for one a year older with whatever additional miles you intend to do on top and see what it is going for. It is unlikely but Octavia III may be out or a date announced which could have a knock on effect.

Price as is today seems bang on the money looking at autotraders prices I know its not an Elegance but I assume you saw this newer one too with only 100 miles on it? http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201201439412027/sort/priceasc/usedcars/transmission/manual/price-to/12000/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_10000_miles/maximum-age/up_to_2_years_old/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/model/octavia/make/skoda/radius/1500/postcode/rg61ra/page/1?logcode=p

a lot higher speced and similar location to one you linked MFSW, Sat Nav, MDI, bluetooth and parking sensors! All the good bits for less money newer lower miles a brand spanker more or less.

thanks for reply mr Fubar

After alot of research, ive decided NOT to go for SE plus as they dont have :

1. jumbo box centre arm rest

2. cruise control as standard

so will go for an elegance :)

Furry muff. CC isn't an expensive retrofit I don't think. Jumbo box should have name changed under the trades description act to micro box! Wonder how much it is to retro. A lot of toys on the SE plus there! Already cheaper by almost enough to fit CC :D:angel::devil: Would have good resale with all those toys surly.

You do know the Irish elegance is much better specced than either of these, yes? Would you not just go for a 1.4tsi elegance over here? Irish elegance has bluetooth, full maxidot and someone bits. Just an option unless the 1.8 is a must!

Thanks for reply EoinM

no, didnt know that, I still dunno how specs differ so much from country to country :)

To be honest, I love me bit of poke which is why im looking at the the 1.8 TSI

And there are zero new model 1.8 tsi's here

Out of interest had a look for 1.4 TSI's and actually couldnt find any from 2010 onwards on carzone

Edited by obi604

They are rare but I've seen a couple recently. I know from another site (was EPM on there) that you're doing small miles. A diesel may suit if you cut out the dpf and get a remap from joe power. I was going to do this to mine out of warranty before I sold it.