head or dead

skodavrs54

i have a skoda fabia vrs tdi 54 plate 60k on the clock had a water problem water was being forced out of the header tank after a water pump cambelt thermostate and expansion tank cap replaced all it seemed to do is slow it down but not cure it it was going from loosing a pint of water a week to next to nothing it was suggested that i had a blown head gasket but it never over heated and there was good heat from the heater late last year did a oil and filter change but it seems that i may have put the wrong oil in i had used 5/40 fully synth but not sure it was proper pd oil i noticed that bout a month ago there was a rising oil level it seems that there was diesel mixing in with the oil so did a oil change recently to eliminate a faulty fuel pump,injector seals or any other fuel problem and it did the oil leveled off even as far as 200 miles in two weeks but still had the outstanding water problem so last week took the plunge and had the head looked at turns out it was the head gasket have had it skimmed and repaired very nice job i may ad ( halesowen engines ) have bought all the gaskets and 5/40 fully synth pd oil i am having the engine put back together this weekend the only thing im missing is a derv pump gasket i believe its a maindealer part only which i will hopefully get next week so im hopeing that this will fix it lets hope i have a good sound car that will last me a good few years anyone reading this is there someone who has had a similar problem and what was the outcome