Upgrade to Bolero

I've been pondering on upgrading the Stream head unit in my 07 VRS to a Bolero but have a couple of questions which I haven't managed to find the answers to yet:

• I don't have a Maxidot, does this make any difference?
  • Would I need any VCDS related work if I were to swap the Stream for a Bolero?
  • In my searching around I've come across the RCD 510 which lokos like the Bolero, am I right in thinking this is the VW version of the Bolero?
  • Would a RCD 510 work in my VRS
  • If i were to upgrade to either the Bolero or the RCD 510 is there any easy way to tell if I would need anything else

Thanks in advance for any help you guys and girls can give.

Edited by bertvrs

You've not found info on this, seriously??

• No you don't need Maxidot.
  • Yes, it's advisable to have VCDS on hand, to check over things once the Bolero's gone in. Some coding may need changing.
  • RCD 510 is the same, yes. The bezel design of the headunit might be different though, and the backlighting will be VW blue, rather than Skoda green so will certainly look out of place. For the price that Boleros can be obtained for, it's highly recommended you stick with a Skoda unit. But technically, yes it'll function if you fitted it.
  • Anything else? You'll need the version of your CAN gateway checked, to make sure it's a suitable revision to accept the Bolero without causing battery drain.

I have one which I have removed for my Feb 2012 Octy vRS (have had a Columbus fitted). I am open to sensible offers to sell it (it is like brand new and I have the security code).

Do your research and if you are interested PM me with a sensible offer

Thanks Berniebloke and slver1011, having done a bit more research it looks like I'm going to hold off at the moment.

Thanks also to Wardy for clearing a few bits up for me.