Couple of matrix 'puter questions

alex_leigh67

I've read the manual. Which is an entirely unblokey thing to do, but I felt I should give it a go. It's not really helped and the SatNav manual is really something else entirely. 20+ years in IT still gave me no clue when we strayed into the territory of press button b to activate flange f thereby enabling the 3/8th gripley. Anyway, on the MFD, three specific questions

1) The speed indicator (not average the one year the bottom) is in KPH. I've looked at 'unit's in settings and they are set for proper old bloke imperial for average mpg and speed but no obvious way to set the current speed. I know I could just look at the speedo but..

2) When I turn the car off, I get DEADLOCK Check Manual on the matrix screen. I've absolutely no idea what that means.

3) I don't have any values for 'next service'. I know I've read here that someone had a reading as soon as they left the dealer. It's not a worry (mine has 100 miles on it) but I just wondered if I should mention it to the dealer when it goes back in for the tow bar.

I will be mentioning the couple of scrapes I found on the drivers door plastic (ex-demo so assume it was pronged by somebody before me) which are entirely cosmetic but since I bought it as new.... on that theme parked up at Morrisons (living the dream here ;) ) went to take keys out, heard a thump as a large old fella had opened his datsun sunny door against my BRAND SPANKING NEW YETI. Words were said even tho he only hit the rubber bit and not the paintwork.

Right I'm off to give it a polish :)

Edited by alex_leigh67

1) I believe the KMH at the bottom can be set to read in MPH, see Johann (can't find thread) although he'll probably be along shortly.

2) DEADLOCK CHECK OWNERS MANUAL is a reminder that 1 click of the R/C/L will enable deadlocks and alarm, 2 clicks will remove deadlocks - the manual doesn't explain it at all!!

3) Not too sure on the service interval, have seen it mentioned a few times and if i remember correctly it does take a few miles or so to update itself, but may be worth a mention though.

1. You are the victim of the myth that the dash should show mph and kph so you cannot change the kph read out-the dial is only marked in mph.

Your friendly dealer cant do it either-Skoda don't provide their dealers with the necessary software.

Don't despair as your friendly local canbus wizard using the full VCDS software can tell your Yeti it is in fact in Australia where a maxidot option for and inch high speed display in MPH is available.

Within the main Briskoda site there is a thread where VCDS experts offer their services and can perform wizard tweaks for wine.

PS don't dis the forum it is much more than 100 times better than the manual and most dealers tech people. :wall:

Edited by JCP
  • Like 2

I have offered wine and beer as my part of the transaction :)

Careful ... It's wine OR beer... Never offer wine and beer together, it makes the VCDS boys go all silly, and you could end up with the maxidot showing Irish Miles, or Rods and Chains !!!!

(Hides under level of dash...)

For number 3, your car is on variable servicing by the sounds of it and that takes a while to calculate its initial values before displaying something other than ---

As the other 2 points have been covered, the check deadlocks is normal for some cars. Nothing to worry about and nothing to do to remove it. You will have to live with it. Again, been covered on here before!!