Bye Octy Scout Hello Superb 4X4 estate

I have ordered a Superb estate SE 1.8TSI 4X4 to replace my 2010 I.8TSI Scout (relutantly).The main reason is I cannot order a new scout ,and the Superb estate is the next best .

I don't realy need the ground clearance,but do reqiure the 4X4 for winter conditions.The superb estate is a nicer looking car,with a lot more leg room in the back and more comfy seating .There is also the VAT free offer which is a good incentive to buy. Hope to have delivery 1st week in June.

Good choice all round then? I've heard the 4x4 Superb handling is very good and no doubt well on par with your outgoing Scout.

Agreed that the estate is the better looking of the stablemates and the bonues with the Superb is the extra legroom all round.

ANy ideas on delivery date yet etc?

I have an SE and am very happy with the spec levels - any options?

I have build week 19 deliver end May .Only extras are sunset glass,heated washers, and spare wheel.colour is Cappuccio

same as my Scout it is great for not showing dirt,olso the Superb look great in this colour.

I'd be interested in your experience moving from the Scout into a 4x4 Superb. It's something I'm considering with a growing family. My fuel economy is OK by the way 50mpg+ on the trip computer unless all stop start.

I guess my concerns about the Superb Estate are the overall size and whether its at all fun to drive.

Fuel economy is not a problem with me, only do about 8k per year, and the 1.8TSI is a lovely engine, not much difference between Scout and Superb estate.Do not particulary like the diesel with DPF.It would take me ten years to break even with extra cost of deisel engine(NO VAT FREE OFFER). it is a no brainer since I change my car every 2/3 years.

Edited by BOBW