horrible whistle

Hi quick question please

As a few will know I have taken purchase of my new vrs estate , and we didn't get off too well,,, any way I was coming round,,, until

There is a horrible whistle noise on tick over from the engine bay,,, I have looked and can,t see anything,,, I did locate a piece of wet paper marking a part in the engine, on official skoda paper,,,

Any ideas???? I don,t want to storm to dealers!!! But will!!!!

Andy

Hi Andy, mine did exactly the same thing when it was about 700 miles old - It is a high pitched whistling noise. It kept coming and going for a few days and I even recorded a video on my phone and took it to the dealer. The dealer did a diagnosis and could not find anything wrong. The whistling stopped after a couple of hundred miles and then it just stopped completely and never been back since (the car is almost on 22K miles now).

My experience is that there is nothing at all to worry about, I just put it down to the engine "bedding in" and as I said it went away after a few days.

Here is a youtube vid of a TSI enging in a Golf doing the same thing

Edited by amii21