Could it be the coil pack?

Hi all

I'm not having much luck with my first experience of Skoda ownership to be honest.

I've got an 07 TFSI Octavia VRS with a couple of problems....had the engine management light on a few weeks ago when starting the car, noticeable hesitation/misfire and a lumpy idle (and engine management light). I took the car to my local dealers who read the codes which came up with the a list of faults including the intake manifold runner motor and the EVAP cannister. Rather than pay for further diagnostics I decided to ask them to replace the inlet manifold runner motor after talking to a few people who said it summed up all of my issues.

However the car still isn't right, I still have the lumpy idle, occasional times where I can put my foot flat to the floor and basically not a lot happens (not sure if this is limp mode) and today the engine management light has reappeared. I don't like the though of taking it back to the dealers and handing over more money but I guess that is what I'll have to do. Whilst the idle is lumpy and the performance is lacking something it's perfectly driveable. My question is.....can a coil pack slowly degrade and cause my issues, it's not something that showed up on the previous scan but I am concious that the coil pack issue can cause lumpy idle and bad hesitation, but from reading a few posts on here most people who had had coil pack problems have had a car which is bearly driveable. At the start can it cause the less major errors I have????

Any thoughts appreciated?

Thanks

Mark