Please Please Help Bloody Bluetooth

My wife has had a octy2 2011 since new it has bluetooth prep .

Her htc desire connected fine for the first year now it doesnt ,

When you try to connect to it the car displays the series on numbers although the bluetooth will not sync with her phone and will not allow you to enter the numbers into the phone .

The car then does not allow you to clear the numbers and does not allow you to conect to any other phone.

I have an iphone 3 gs and it connects to it everytime.

I would have said that her phone is broken but the bluetooth connects to other bluetooth devices

Help Please

Regards Whoosh

Ask the dealer (or even someone local to you) to swap over an identical bluetooth module (5 min job) to see if its the actual module playing up. At least that way you can eliminate the module.

Possible module?!

Out of interest have you run any updates on the phone? If so, sometimes this can knock it out of sync. Have you tried finding the car with the phone, once again it's another possibility that's worth trying.

No updates on phone and phone won't find car and car won't find phone.

Had it back at garage and said they couldn't find any faults although they have phoned me to say Skoda tech guys have asked them to run a few checks and this will take all day. My wife is due an upgrade so was going to see if a new phone works .

That's another prob will need to see what is compatible

Regards Whoosh

I must admit I would have suspected an update on the phone. I was really miffed when my Desire S was updated as a whole load of stuff stopped working: the excellent car panel disappeared and the phone cannot be switched off now. It was the HTC update that did it by the way, not Android, and it was done automatically over the air.