205/55/16 91 or 94?

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try a search but couldn't find the answer.

I have searched ATS, Kwick Fit, Mytyres and Black Circles and they all suggest that I can put 91 load rating rather than 94 on my Superb s 1.8TSi.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct please? I did take the max laden weight, and add 25% and it's within the figures.

thanks

Andy

Well

I have done a lot of research on this today. It would appear that under uk law,it is actually a requirement to fit tyres with a load rating equal to or greater than the OEM units when new.

Never knew that.

Andy

Interestingly the Greenline 2 Combi has 91V tyres fitted as standard. I wouldn't have thought that there was a significant weight difference between the models but it may be that the suppliers aren't providing different listings.

In any case you'd be better to stick with the original spec even if just to avoid complications later.

I should imagine that's due to the low max speed of the greenline? slower the car, less force on the tyres under cornering etc?

There are different specs for different models.

Andy

Edited by bandrew465