vRS estate has a rival now

Ah, should have gone for black wheels! :)

I kicked myself for buying white but then I prefer mine with the chrome pack - black pack suits black, green and blue cars best. Would make my car look like a panda! :)

Not to worry; brake dust will soon make them black... Oddly enough, I prefer darker colours to have lighter colour wheels. If I had gone for Yellow or Green, then maybe... Perhaps thats the joy - you actually have the choice nowadays (but the Skoda configurator has been offline for months so I wouldn't be able to see how they looked anyway!). I was tempted by Green with a Black roof though...nearly had the Scirocco in Viper Green but for some reason chose black (ah yes - to disguise the 'orrible door strips!)

2% in terms of a company car....which is about 10% of the total tax paid. In my case (not the same as everyone elses) the standard spec of either is fine. Toys (to me) are a bonus rather than a necessity...

So it's fair to say ide have abit more of a bonus if i bought a VRS estate? as ide save about £13 on road tax with the Seat but be about £1000 less in bonus's (toy's)

Edited by Kie

TBH, I would be surprised if the 150 actually isnt more powerful than its meant to be anyway - VAG have a habit of the turbo only models actually being abot 10% more powerful.

Still wouldn't have one as I have a feeling that there may well be a Cupra estate in the FL Ibiza line-up. Wouldnt be surprised if it also runs the 1.6T engine, its due out in the Polo R in about 5 months time.

Ross - that tends to be on diesels more than petrols - at least in my book anyway.

Been to about 30 rolling road days and standard petrol VAG cars always pulled near stock figures, never more than 5% over. Whereas diesels put out 15% more easily.

Most off here that had a stock car rolling roaded (Dyno Dynamics) got 177bhp or there abouts for the vRS.

The new Cupra is confirmed to have the same engine as it has now - 1.4TSI 180bhp DSG. Next gen Fabia/Ibiza rumoured to have the 1.6T.

I am waiting for the next gen Fab to come out (2013 isnt it???).

Getting a 12 plate SE soon so will be keeping that until then (or until the vRS estate becomes a lot cheaper!).

Still think the FL Ibiza is actually a bit ugly compared to the pre-FL though, headlights are a bit too angular!

You can buy my vRS Estate in a couple of years :)

Will be looking at a Rapid Estate or new Fabia Estate when they are due out and when mine is 3 years old.

Thought the new Fab was 2013 (although it would still be the "old" platform from the current Polo/A1)?

Was looking at getting a Rapid saloon when they have been out for a little while (ie once the prices have died down a bit!)

Went out for a test drive in a Ibiza ST FR Monday - suffice to say it went like a stabbed rat. I seriously doubt it is "only" 150bhp, it felt a lot faster than the four vRS i have driven now. But then I dont get on with the DSG gearbox, I fidn it very boring so that kinda has ruled it and the vRS out for me.

Unless I could get a manual converted vRS