New tyres fitted today

I had a new set of tyres fitted today, because when I purchased the car, it was fitted with 185/65/15 all round, and unknown to me at the time they should be 195/65/15.

So, I went online and used a link which a mate had supplied me

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

I phoned up at 9.00 this morning, got it all sorted, and had the tyres fitted at a local National Tyre depot. The tyres which I chose are:

Barum Bravuris 2 - £208 for 4 tyres

Now a lot of people probably have never heard of Barum, but back in the days when I was fit, I and a lot of other people used them for cycle racing, because they were cheaper than French/Italian tyres, lasted longer and seemed to be quicker.

I hope that these Barums will be just as impressive, and after a short drive, they seem to be fairly quiet.

As an aside, the previous owner had obviously put economy above all else and fitted second hand tyres to sell the vehicle. However, the two best tyres, with the most tread left on them are matching winter tyres, so I have put them away - just in case we ever get out of these wet, drought conditions.

Andy

Also bought Barum Bravuris 2 from National Tyres. Pre ordered on line via mytyres to get a discount. £360 for four 225/45/17ZR. Pleased with the whole process and the grip is acceptable.

A big saving on Michelins which I had before and they are a bit quieter.

I note that the price has dropped since I bought mine- good for someone buying now.

Edited by gregoir