Christmas update!

jonnynewns

Ahh purple wheels.......nice colour should go well.

Now hurry up and get them on so I can see how they suit a black car. I've been informed off swmbo that I've got to do her wheels purple so I'll wait to see yours first ;)

Ahh purple wheels.......nice colour should go well.

Now hurry up and get them on so I can see how they suit a black car. I've been informed off swmbo that I've got to do her wheels purple so I'll wait to see yours first ;)

Haha yeah I need to get them on but need to get coilovers first gotta have everything done right.

How cool :)

indeed lloyd. you bring the red beauty to trax?

Love it purple wheels and sticker bomb get out my head ha ha

I'll take that as a compliment ha.

• 1 month later...

Well its been a slow month for me, been moved from shift work to weekdays so had hardly any time spare compared to what I'm used to. But I've managed to gather a few things for the next few months to move the car forward including a gallon tin on plastidip to paint the car matt black. :)

Used the last of my purple paint on my bonnet think it turned out quite nicely considering its the first time I've properly used a spray gun and not halford's cans :-

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Decided to start sticker bombing the black holes in the bonnet to match the centre console. MAAAAAD!

IMG_1178.jpg

Also managed to pick up some lovely coil overs

IMG_1194.jpg

The back is as low as it goes. granted it isnt as low as I'd like it but if it saves me spending a fortune on tyres then I'm happy. Maybe I am able to buy shorter springs from weitec maybe? Havent finished getting the fronts on but they are about 80mm lower than standard and with this all this fun I managed to get a parking ticket!FML! :wall:

• Like 1

Traxx ? :D why do i get the feeling this is something else my indoor ways keep me from lol

Hehe that purple bonnet is gna look wicked ;)

Oh yeah I forgot that your really OCD about things guess your not going to the castle combe skoda thing as well? yeah the purple bonnet rocks but I don't look at it that much which is always a good thing ;)

Well I've been a busy bee buying too many stickers. Trying to get my bonnet finished with just really random stickers. I can't be doing with these pre made sticker bomb sheets. Just not fun enough. I had something like 5 envelopes of stickers arrive in the last 2 days

IMG_1239.jpg

Managed to rip my number plate off while parking in a car park so I ordered that but in the mean time went through a few speed guns while the police looked on all sad that they couldn't check my speed. Don't worry I wasn't speeding anyhow. just fun to see there faces. Managed to get a smaller number plate to sit just above the air intake cover on the bumper.

SWMBO decided she wanted to rename the octavia to octopus so she bought a mk 2 octavia and superb. well its certainly out there should look good though I think! :blush:

After a few bumpy and scary days in the car with the coil overs I worked out the rears were just sitting on the bump stops constantly, did some butchering and just cut 90% of the bump stop off. rides perfectly now only annoying thing is I have to dismantle the whole rear setup to change the dampening, I mean what Idiot designed these! :wall:

Oh yeah I forgot that your really OCD about things guess your not going to the castle combe skoda thing as well? yeah the purple bonnet rocks but I don't look at it that much which is always a good thing ;)

Yeah mate i go to castle coombe :)

Its only like 15 miles or so away :D lol

Ah that's alright, I only live like 20 minutes down the road from silver stone. I wanted to go to castle combe briskoda thing but stupid people at Plastidip decided that they weren't going to give me my paint for ages so the car is no where near ready to be shown off. I guess I'll have to wait till next year now!:(

What a weekend this has been. I finally got everything I needed to spray the car. :D the airless spray system is a complete breeze and much better using a pro gun and air tank, a lot quieter for a start! I bought myself a nice big gazebo from argos.

IMG_1309.jpg

Did the job really well. I only had one major issue which was the hose disconnected( not my fault ) and spurted paint over the lovely bonnet. meaning pealing the bonnet which had 2 layers of paint on it. not peal-able at all fml took hours to get it off. I evently did about 5 coats on the bonnet. but was running low on the paint so I need to order more to finish the car off properly but looks mean as hell!

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

• Like 3

this look rudeness! i like!

if you need stickers W8 Performance now have a pro vinyl cutter. :)

cheers Gee, It does look evil from the front and back! ohh and how do I go about ordering more stickerness for my car?

Ooooooooooo me likey alot :)

:), I somehow think your's would look better with a matt red on it ;)

Love the MATT BLACK...

I had my MK2 Gold GTi done MATT BLACK.

Looking forward to some full pictures!

Craig..

Yeah matt black just goes with everything!

I don't give out pictures just willy nilly!;) Yeah I will take some better shots once the wheels are on so you can see the full effect! But until them you will have to just wait! But until then here is a picture after its first wash. It kind of beads but not in the same way!:)7abazymy.jpg

Bought myself a piper full exhaust system including cat, slightly worried with the not for road use sign stamped into the cat but I'm sure it will be fine

IMG_1395.jpg

Decided to start the swap before I went to work, stupid idea really. every bolt is rusted on this car so why should the exhaust be any different? I was faced with this...

IMG_1409.jpg

Will get the dremel on it in the morning as there are no nuts in sight!

• 2 weeks later...