Chrome pipes

Brien B

Hello Guys and Girls,

I just took delivery of my chrome tail pipes for my 2lt Yeti urban, they are real skoda parts which i got for half the price from a skoda / vw parts dealer on e-bay £27, "official skoda package and instruction also perfect match for ones i looked at in dealers"

My question is, has any body fitted these and is it really necessary to cut back the 45 angle of the true exhaust to a flat edge / finish or would the chrome one's just push into place as they also have a 45 angle .

I don't want to just experiment by putting them on and off as the chrome pipes are held on by a type of spring grip x4 inside the tube and the instruction states that once on they cannot / will not move !

Cheers.

****got my answer, no need to reply, thanks****any one got a good hack saw lol****

Edited by Brien B

• 4 months later...

I have also fitted these recently, while I was fitting a towbar, it seem the logical thing to do while the bumper was off. The list of modifications to my yeti is endless, Amundsen and mdi, Bluetooth fitting at the moment..... Only had it a week.... He he.

Mudflaps, towbar, mats, pipes, glasses holder and door sill protectors and like you only a week old

I have Amundsen and blue tooth as part of the plus pack

I think the Nav is super. I stream music from my iphone so I won't be putting in MDI

• 3 weeks later...

I used a large hacksaw with the blade turned upside down. It gave me enough clearance without removing the bumper. I cut from the top downwards not bottom up. Once you get the cut started its quite easy.

To protect the underside of the bumper I taped some grey pipe insulation foam onto the front of the hacksaw so that if it did catch on the bumper it wouldn't scratch.

• Like 3