Rear sun blinds - easy to fit?

Just bought and fitted a set of these from Vanstyle. Absolutely fantastic!

Did you get the clips shown on the picture below? My set arrived today without these clips, nor any mention of them in the fitting instructions.

All mine appear slightly too big as when fitted there are ripples in the fabric.

DSCF5962.jpg

Closeup of the fixing (it looks metallic there but its just shiny plastic). Two are supplied but the guy only fitted one, he said it doesn't really need any at all really.

Do you know, I think I only got clips because they were fitted for me at VanStyle, and they just bought out their box of clips and shoved a few on just to dot the I's and cross the T's. As has been said, they're somewhat superfluous here since the blinds fit so closely

Many thanks ex750

Gratefully appreciated, I'm fine and happy with the finish looks good, I had wood finish in my Rover 75, then my Jag XF and in the Jag Xj but with the Ivory leather interior it looks okay, one thing I have to mention did you stipulate black carpets ? as I was never given an option of that and it's going to be a surprise when it does materialise if Ivory or Black carpets fitted lol...

so many decicions so little time to make them all in eh ...lol

Thanks again :-)

I started the ivory carpet topic last Nov when I discovered by accident that Skoda (CZ) had altered the spec and were no longer supplying ivory carpet. It seems too many people ordering ivory leather were ordering the black carpet option so Skoda decided not to offer one and make al lcars with black carpet instead. It's a shame that those who made the decisions about the internal colour spec were not sitting in the car with doors closed at the time. Wallies! See http://www.briskoda....-ivory-leather/

I've had my car a couple of months now and my local dealer has finally got the ivory door sill trims in (had to wait for one part from CZ), which are due to be changed 28Aug when I get back off holiday.

• Like 1

Did you get the clips shown on the picture below? My set arrived today without these clips, nor any mention of them in the fitting instructions.

All mine appear slightly too big as when fitted there are ripples in the fabric.

Here's a photo showing the irritating gap between the two units on my rear window -

without.jpg

However, after a quick phone call to VanStyle, 6 clips arrived in the post, the result being -

with.jpg

:thumbup::happy:

• Like 1

Those are very useful clips for the rear windows - when I had my Octavia I lived with a very slight gap (not as much as that above) for 4 years without any real issue. But if those clips had been available that would have been a bonus.

Vanstyle blinds are very very good - they were trading as OESunShades when I got mine and had them fitted at the factory in Mansfield, at the time they were making all the OEM blinds, not sure whether they still do. A very worthwhile purchase.

Edited by Coops