Remap in Bedford/Milton Keynes Area

Can anyone recommend someone for a stage 1 remap my CR170 in the Bedford/Milton Keynes area. Would prefer to go to Shark but the distance is prohibitive (especially should I need to return to them after). I am looking for about 200HP in total.

Superchips are saying on the website that the their Bluefin is compatible with the car but I thought that these were all protected CPU's now, so am surprised by this.

Finally I have done about 2000 miles in the 5 months I have owned the car, whilst most of this has been lowish miliage (20 -30 minutes in the car and about 15 miles with odd long distance journey) I have not noticed the DPF regen being done so it looks like so far the car is coping with the journeys I am making. The question is will a remap tip it over?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Edited by Hoops65

Thanks, they have confirmed they can supply a Revo Map and will refit the security bolts. What are you thoughts on Revo, I would like to hopefully get better mpg whilst pottering about but more power for when I want/need it.

Unit 18 is in that neck of the woods I'm sure- excellent service and good prices too.

From reading on here, it seems Revo maps are quite agressive and have torque spikes. That said, I've not experienced one personally.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you went for anything in the end but I had my CR170 TT mapped by Shark and it did 211bhp and 450Nm torque. It actually did almost 500Nm torque, but Ben detuned it for the sake of the clutch. Spoilsport! These are rolling road numbers, not projections.

Fuel economy is significantly better as well. The CR is a very clean engine and smokes very little in comparison to the PD engines I've had.

Shark are pretty much right off the M1 so it can't be more than 150 miles round trip at the worst case. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with REVO or the TT Shop but very few TT owners go there for remaps! Four-wheel alignment, yes, but not remaps.

Thanks for your advcie, I am waiting to hear back from both Shark and TTS roadsport but think they have either been busy the past week, plus I have been away. My preferred one is Shark as I have not heard a bad word about their maps. I don't mind the 4 hour round trip, however I do have a concern that should my local friendly dealer update the ECU I will need another 4 hour trip plus costs to Shark.