mk2 vrs - should i or shouldn't i?

Hi guys,

I currently have a modded mk1 vrs which love to bits and has 172k on and still going strong :)

has defo been the best car i have ever owned and seeing as i've had near on 400 other cars thats saying something!!

well basicly i've been offered a mk2 PD170 with 74k on the clock.

what things do i need to look out for? whats the common issues with the mk2?

any help would be greatfully recieved!!!

lee

Problems with the injectors,( Diesel) if they fail, skoda will replace, the Teeves 60 Abs sensor can go as well, not a huge problem now as there is a repair kit :happy:

I recently went from a remapped mk1 Octy VRS to a standard mk2 octy VRS (petrol) and IMO the MK1 was more fun. I also found it better on fuel (could have been down to the remap) I do like my mk2 though. Its a much more modern car with much better gearbox, better chassis etc but Im still trying to get used to not having that little bit of lag under 1800 rpm and then the a nice "kick" of boost that the MK1 gave me.

I recently went from a remapped mk1 Octy VRS to a standard mk2 octy VRS (petrol) and IMO the MK1 was more fun. I also found it better on fuel (could have been down to the remap) I do like my mk2 though. Its a much more modern car with much better gearbox, better chassis etc but Im still trying to get used to not having that little bit of lag under 1800 rpm and then the a nice "kick" of boost that the MK1 gave me.

You have to compare like for like, a remapped car will always feel more punchy than a non remapped one, mine has 333 lb ft of torque so plenty kick there :happy: Still love the M1, better seats for a start, the m2 have plastic instead of leather, only tiny strips of the real McCoy