Problems with automatic

Posted Yesterday, 16:22

hi guys wondering if anyone got any suggestions on my problem, 04 skoda octavia automatic.

bought the car with a siezed engine, purchased a new engine got it fitted,which took about 6 weeks (mechanics huh??think they r fly by night cowboys).got the car home and just felt there was no oooomf in this and low and behold all the lights started popping on.first the emissions workshop then the engine light.hubby took it to another garage went on diagnostic machine when hubby brought it back he said thats it all fixed he found 18 faults,i asked the faults and he said he never got told.

4 days later loss of power again foot to the floor revometer going up but no power!!! so im guessing the garage cleared the faults and just gave me it back costing £40.

so put it another garage just for the faults another £30 this is the faults he wrote down:-

PO722

PO731

PO732

PO811

17965 charge pressure control positive deviation P1557 intermittant.

before i got it back he said he cleared all the faults.

after a search i find it all points to gearbox seems to be struggling 1st 2nd 3rd gear.

but i cant understand that when the faults are cleared gearbox works great until the lights pop on again. when lights are off car drives brilliant.

my dilemma here is the reconditioned engine that was fitted at the 1st garage fitted came from a manual not an automatic.

could it be that the engine and the gearbox just arent matching up!!! dont want to be fitting a new automatic gearbox if it is that the 2 arnt working together. i have asked around but no-one seems to know and the garage are just saying a new gearbox.

i just find it funny that a car would end up with a siezed engine and a gearbox that is on its way out at the same time, and also like i say when lights are cleared from dash gearbox works great until lights pop on again.

any help would be greatly apprieciated

MultiQuote

Edit