vRS Brake Query for Those In The Know

I know, I know, another 'brake' thread.

Honestly, I've checked dozens of threads and while I've gleaned useful info, I still have questions.

Basically, I need new discs and pads all round, and I'm look for decent performance without spending extra unnecessarily.

I need help with what to choose, and making sure I'm buying the right parts.

Okay...

I was going to grab the Pagid discs and pads all round from Euro Car Parts for £150.07 with the discount.

Front discs x2:

Front pads x1:

Rear discs x2:

Rear pads x1:

(Are they the correct parts?)

However, I'm also wondering if I should consider Brembo discs and pads?

Front discs x1: Part Number: 09.7880.11 (
. Am I right to think two front discs are included for £86.82?)

Front pads x1: Part Number: P85045 (
)

I can't seem to find vented Brembo rear discs that fit the vRS. Is it just me, or are they not available?

So, I have 4 options:

i) Go with Pagid all round.

ii) Go with Brembo all round (if there are vented rear discs and pads to suit)

iii) Go with Brembo on the front and Pagid for the rear.

iv) Suggest something else?

If it helps, I have a vRS running at around 220bhp.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. And If I'm missing a suggestion (alternative product, cheaper place to get stuff, etc), I'd be glad of your advice.

Edited by tomah

I'd go for Pagid blank discs all round, OEM quality rear pads and either OEM quality or uprated front pads. If you've never cooked the stock brakes then it's probably not worth getting uprated pads. To cook the stock brakes on the road you'd probably have to be driving a bit quicker than you should.

Another vote for the Pagid parts... in fact I've just fitted front disks & pads from Euro Car Parts (same part numbers I think).

Braking is much improved... old disks where badly worn.

Excellent guys.

So there's no benefit with the Brembo's? Even with their anti-corrosion coating around the edges?

They're pretty much the same price, so I wouldn't have imagined much difference, but I like to be sure.

Excellent guys.

So there's no benefit with the Brembo's? Even with their anti-corrosion coating around the edges?

They're pretty much the same price, so I wouldn't have imagined much difference, but I like to be sure.

I think my disks had some kind of coating on them, they definitely weren't bare metal.

A quick tip…you’ll need to remove some brake fluid from the reservoir. A cheap turkey baster does the trick.

Oh… and be careful not to over tighten the disk retaining screws and snap off the heads like I did :@

I think my disks had some kind of coating on them, they definitely weren't bare metal.

A quick tip…you’ll need to remove some brake fluid from the reservoir. A cheap turkey baster does the trick.

Oh… and be careful not to over tighten the disk retaining screws and snap off the heads like I did :@

Mechanic will be fitting them, so I hope he knows what he's doing, because I certainly don't! :)

Also, is the coating around the edge like the Brembos?

I just reserved Pagid discs and pads all round at my local store in Belfast. I decided I might as well take a trip into the city instead of paying £18 delivery!!

Excellent guys.

From the Factory Pagid supply various VWs with their coated discs

Our COMPLETE range is now coated! (i just fitted some on the from of my car!)

If you want me to double check the parts are correct - drop me your reg!

Pat