Lofty's Mk1 vRS

Lofty86

Well, after selling my old Fabia vRS, and missing it straight away, I decided to get another (2 years later though).

For those who cant remember my 1st...

Spec:

Mk1 vRS,

Weitec Coilovers,

312mm Ovtavia vRS brakes,

Mintex Disc's and Pads,

Cupra Splitter,

Vented Arch,

Mufflrectomy,

Cupra Bushes,

Mini Comp Alloys,

Black Grill

(and probably more I'll add as I remember).

Pic:

(Can only find my old Avtar pic!)

vRSAvtar.jpg

Now for the new one.

Its an 2006 vRS in Red. Looks like its been owned by someone in a club as its standard, bar black grill and fog grill's, vented arch, and poly bush console.

Fabia001.jpg

Fabia002.jpg

I promised I wouldnt touch this car too much, so first thing is 312's, as standard vRS braking is scary.

Next will be a set of coilys, then exhaust, then fmic, and then i'll be in contack with Darkside ;)

Edited by Lofty86

BUSTED.... (sort of).

SWMBO came home to a smell of solvents.

I said it was a new dishwasher cleaner, and not to open it!

Cleans ok. I've done a cylinder head in one before, but soaked it in degreaser for a day 1st.

D

• 1 month later...

Time for a little update.

After taking ages to find a vRS that I liked for a good price, and really enjoying just going from A to B again, someone has decided to write it off :(

Cant go into too much detail, but its going to be a total loss I'm sure.

So once I've sorted everything out, I'll be selling my complete 312mm setup (new disc's, Mintax pads, refurbished calipers + carriers sprayed in a pale green).

Also going to be selling a few other bits and bobs I've got, but it can all wait for now.

I'll upload some pictures once I've spoken to the police (not sure if I'm allowed to yet).

I'm really gutted, and have been driving so carfully too, especially with my son in the car.

On a plus, metal can be replaced, so I'm going to start looking at Fabia's again soon. Its the car I wanted for soo long, and its been taken away from me :(

Dave

Cheers Jonny.

If I find a Fabia half as nice as that one I will be a happy chappy (kind of, if you get me).

Just noticed you've got VagCom. Can you set up "Miles to empty" on the Mrs Bora (02 plate TDi)?

D

Heres a quick pic for those who have asked.

Not too happy as you can imagine.

Whats partly so upsetting for me is I had been made redundant, and managet to get a job that paid not too bad, but my 1.6 8v Mk4 was doing about 20mpg on a good day, so my dad kindly bought it out of his savings!! And I've only had it arround 2 months :(

FabiaCrash.jpg

Someone asked about having the (ex chrome) grill, and it looks ok in this pic, but I can assure you its not. Sorry.

D

• 2 weeks later...

Have a gander at this people

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=20725472&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Its my Fabia up for sale... NOT REGESTERED AS A CAT D, C, B, or A!!

That means someone could buy it, fix it, sell it, and when the buyer HPi'd it, it wouldnt show as a write off!

Dodgy.

BUYERS BEWARE.

Ive come acorss this on copart as ive just had an accident almost identical to yours (damage on the car wise) what happend? if you dont mind me asking?

gutted to see one like mine in that state :/ i had mine about 3 months :(

3 months... thats a month longer than me!!

Cant say too much as I'm still waiting for the police, but basicly a van with roadrage decided to stop, fast!

Cant say I was too impressed tbh, kept my cool, and insurance payed out etc, but I've had to claim on my insurance :(

Just got myself a new car. Decided to go with a Mk5 Gt TDi. (a little bigger, with ISOFIX car seat, and I wanted VAG).

D

Its really sad going through stuff thats Fabia related to stick on eBay :(

312mm Brakes are on there.

Gotta do the spare key, handbook and case etc, and accelerator pedal.

Just keep putting it off though.

D