Agreed to Trade in My Car next week - can I still try & sell privately?

HI, to be honest it makes it easier for us dealers if you dont have a car to trade in. Means we dont have to worry about disposing of the px. I've done deals with people before and they have sold their car private before picking their new one up. Doesnt matter at all to us, as long as they tell us in plenty of time! Its when people come to collect their new car, walk through the door and go "oh i've sold my car to my mate so dont need to trade it in now" then its a pain!

So worth £13500, px offer is £12500?

Paid valuation from CAP says £14,550 to £15,150 whereas Glass's one is £13,473. I have priced it with Glass's as I think thats realistic

AlistairS

A contract does not have to be written it can also relate to what is agreed verbally.

Fair enough, but if hypothetically, the car is involved in an accident before next week are they still going to take it as PX at the agreed amount?

Fair enough, but if hypothetically, the car is involved in an accident before next week are they still going to take it as PX at the agreed amount?

I actually had this experience and, yes, they still took the car at the agreed price provided it was fixed on my insurance.

I actually had this experience and, yes, they still took the car at the agreed price provided it was fixed on my insurance.

Lets hope this doesn't happen though :)