fabia 1.2 brake switch problem

Hi all. i have a 2007 1.2htp classic (54bhp) (Fabia l model) . my epc light has been on for a while so i finally got it plugged in and it has shown up as brake switch problem. i've since put in 2 and the problem keeps showing up straight away.

part number for switch is 6q0945511 and bought from skoda dealer. part put in by independent garage who are excellent and i've been uising them for 15 years with no problems so i'm sure switches have been put in right.

anyone got any ideas - someone has suggested cleaning out the egr valve. I'm up for MOT in a couple of weeks and need the bugger out...!!!!

thanks dan

Have you checked the bulbs themselves? You are using proper bulbs and not LEDs? There is a particular way the switch has to be installed as it's self-adjusting on installation - and if you get it wrong it will break. See http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1158315

Yeah, normal bulbs and one was out so replaced that but light still coming on. mechanic said there was a way to put them in and has done these types before. i'm thinking i may have a wiring fault..??? thanks

my wife is currently driving her mums car on a long term loan, its a 56 reg Fabia 1.2 htp .... and has exactly the same issue as yours - EPC light came on, local independant garage diagnosed it as brake switch, replaced brake switch and the EPC light went off, but in the time it took to drive home, it came back on. we went back to the garage and they hooked it up again and told us it was still flagging a faulty brake switch although they confirmed the switch was definitely working, they've said they'll keep it in for a day sometime soon and have a good look at it, in the meantime the EPC light was on/off intermittently for a while and is now back on all the time

i think we're in the same boat! not really sure where to go from here. my mechanic is contacting a man who does a lot of work on VW and Skoda cars and maybe he has seen this issue before. i'll post up if any news from there.

i just had a drive of the fabia tonight, and noticed that the brake lights aren't working at all again, although the EPC light was definitely on before when they were working, so i'm not sure whats happened now, back the the garage then..... i'll post any updates on here too

had mine back to the garage that changed the switch today, they've fitted another switch and its working fine now, and the EPC light has gone off.... the only difference is this time they have used an original Skoda/Volkswagen Group part, and last time they used an aftermarket part from Andrew Page's

will have to wait and see if its gone for good, but so far so good