Coilover Setup after installation - ride height etc

hi guys

what's the correct way to setup coilovers on a fabia vrs? i have Weitec Gt Hicon coilovers

apart from doing corner weighting, do i just count the threads on front 2 and rear 2 and set them up the same?

or do i need to measure with a tape the centre of the wheel (alloy centre) to the wheel arch and get both sides the same?

i originally set them up by just counting the threads and matching them up on each side but reading up on it this maybe wrong and could be ruining my tyres!

when some one says 50mm drop, is this the distance from centre of wheel to wheel arch?

also i take if i make an adjustment using a jack, i have to drive the car for the coilover to settle again on each side before measuring it again?

ultimately when im happy with the ride height il get 4 wheel alignment done again

thanks guys

I found the fabia is pretty well balanced weight wise so for me 6 threads from bottom on the front and all the way down on the rear left my fabia level :)

Corner weighting is the only way of doing it properly other than that it is a tape measure from middle of the arch to the centre of the wheel (hub) and your correct if you make any adjustment youll have to wait for the suspension to settle before you get a true reading.

Thanks mate.

I'm finding 8 threads up from bottom on front coilovers to be still hitting speed bumps even when going dead slow. The roads here are a mess.

What bit hits the bumps? I'm fairly low with a cupra splitter and rarely catch anything (except kerbs)

i think its the small mud flap on the driver side wheel mate, i think its part of the front bumper

What kind of speed bumps? Could just be the engine tray in which case either remove it to get rid of the noise or just rest assured that its only a bit of plastic and nothing important! :p hehe (i do the later)

What kind of speed bumps? Could just be the engine tray in which case either remove it to get rid of the noise or just rest assured that its only a bit of plastic and nothing important! :p hehe (i do the later)

its the crappy pillow type speed bumps mate, normal speed bumps is fine

Yep I do the pillow bumps with one wheel down one up.

The wheel that is on the road, the small mud flap touches the road!

Crazy high speed bumps right there!

You have checked your tyre PSI recently havent you?

they are a nightmare mate :( they are also the ones that block half the road so only one side has right of way

speedbump.png

will be checking my tyres pressures in a bit - good call that mate!

mine is 55mm lower than standard and with the cupra R splitter. i dont catch anything, but that in mind I do avoid these tea bag bumps haha.

at worst I one wheel up and the other down, but tend to do the swerve option aswell.