Yeti 17" winter tyres

4 winter tyres to fit standard 17” alloy on any Yeti for sale.

Sadly I am having to change my Yeti for a car that is both automatic and more compact as we are going down from a two car family to a one and the wife much that she loves the Yeti can’t contemplate coping with its bulk or it’s manual-ness (she has a smart fortwo).

Happily the new car will be a spanking new Fabia vRS which is a nice compromise, nevertheless the Yeti will be sorely missed.

Not wishing to go down the admittedly ideal route of Winters on 16” steelies I chose to purchase 4 Matador Nordica winter tyres and simply put them on the Annapurna alloys in November and change back to the Dunlops in April.

Matador for those who don’t know, are a sub brand of Continental and the tyres have been an utter revelation in icy/snowy/wet conditions. So much so that the first thing I will be doing with the Fabia is to sort Winter tyres out for that.

I experienced no noise or fuel penalty as compared to the standard Dunlops but I did discover an amazing ability to safely motor through icy/snowy conditions, especially during the winter of 2010/11. My Yeti is a 4X4 but I swiftly came to the conclusion that the 4X4 element was useless unless you had the grip to exploit it and Winter tyres certainly give you that.

I reckon I have done about 5,000 miles on the Matadors and they appear as new though they were purchased in November 2010.

I am asking £100 for the 4, buyer to collect.