Skoda Felicia 1.3 carburetor

Hello all,

I am Sorin and I’m from Romania. I've recently received a Skoda Felicia 1.3 engine, the model with carburetor, not injection. The car has a little over 100.000 km (~63.000 miles) on the clock and it runs very nice.

Since I've had it, I’ve done the following:

Mechanically:

- changed the front wheel bearing, because of the annoying noise.

- changed the clutch cable because when releasing the pedal, the old one remained stuck. With the new cable everything runs smoothly.

- changed all the bushings from the steering column.

- mounted an LPG fuel system in order to travel cheaper (the LPG fuel stats are: city driving - 26.50 MPG, motorway driving - 39.00 MPG). Bear in mind that the cost for LPG is half the cost for gas so you do the math :)

Esthetically:

- cleaned all the air vents

- washed the upholstery by removing it from the seats

- removed all the stickers from all the windows

- changed all the light bulbs in the dash area. Now everything lights up :)

- changed the ugly 2 spoke steering wheel with a VW Golf 3 one (with 4 spokes and airbag). Fitted like a glove.

I'll load some pictures with everything I've done to the car in the next post.

Edited by sorin_maican20

• 2 years later...

Nice work, nice to see one being looked after. The steering wheel you have fitted is the one they have as standard over here (apart from a few very early cars) except of course it has a Škoda badge.