superb mpg 1.9tdi pd 105 and how many miles to a tank

about 50 mpg, so litres per tank / by 4.54 then x by 50

if its 50 litres / by 4.54 = 11.01 gallons x by 50 = 550 miles to a tank. Expect light on at 480 ish

Edited by Lofty79

I previously ran a non-GL 105 PD Superb II and over 36,661 miles (data gathered between 57,624 and 94,275 miles) the recorded economy was 57.18mpg. This equated to a range of around 720 miles, with a best of 790.40 miles.

The car was remapped at 3,000 miles which makes the above figures the more impressive. How I miss the overtaking ease of that car when compared against my current Superb 1.6Tdi. On the plus side, the 1.6Tdi is returning 13.93% better economy than the 1.9Tdi 105.

Where did you have it mapped, and what where power and torque figures

P-Torque in Wombourne, near Wolverhampton. The power gain is approx 35bhp, while torque increases about 35%. They often advertise discounted group buys on this site, or you could approach them directly and mention this site.

Our Greenline 1 NEVER used to drop below a 50mpg average, getting between 500 and 600 miles between fill ups. As my wife's commute was 50 miles each way, she would never leave it until completely empty, so I guess we COULD have got 600+ from every tank, more if we did a long run at sensible speeds.

It was a great car, now downsized to her company Golf Bluemotion Tech 1.6 CR TDI (on order, arrives Aug) and my Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI. So far the temporary Avensis 1.8 petrol she is running is rated as RUBBISH and my Monte as BRILLIANT (though easier to chuck about and slightly less economical as a result!).

I'd be interested in whether anyone had the 1.6 TDI mapped yet and what the results were.

I'd be interested in whether anyone had the 1.6 TDI mapped yet and what the results were.

I've explored remapping my 1.6Tdi, however, no-one has yet cracked the encrypted ECU. When they do, it'll be well worth the cost.