Oil level warning

Hi,

So whilst out shopping in the car this morning, the check oil level warning came up on the maxidot display. I was less than 10 miles from home and the nearest garage to get oil from is in my home town, so I had to go there and then get home before I could check it out. Anyway, when I got back, opened the bonnet and checked the level and sure enough it needed topping up. It's always the way, I have been meaning to check it for a while but I just keeps slipping my mind.

So i topped it up gradually as you do to just before the max line, but even after taking the car out for a short drive the display is still telling me to check the engine oil level. Is there a way to reset this, do I need to take it down to the dealer, or do you think it could be a faulty oil sensor?

Cheers

Jon

I'd always thought it strange that the service indicator takes account of the number of times the bonnet is lifted. Does it mean that you've had lots of engine trouble so thatyou need to service sooner rather than later, or that you're a concientious oil level checker, so it can go longer between services????

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So whilst out shopping in the car this morning, the check oil level warning came up on the maxidot display. I was less than 10 miles from home and the nearest garage to get oil from is in my home town, so I had to go there and then get home before I could check it out. Anyway, when I got back, opened the bonnet and checked the level and sure enough it needed topping up. It's always the way, I have been meaning to check it for a while but I just keeps slipping my mind.

So i topped it up gradually as you do to just before the max line, but even after taking the car out for a short drive the display is still telling me to check the engine oil level. Is there a way to reset this, do I need to take it down to the dealer, or do you think it could be a faulty oil sensor?

Cheers

Jon

what level was on the dipstick if any? trying to work out when the warning light should come on as i have a suspect oil sensor. (garage is struggling to work out of it is really faulty)

mine is a 2010 CR 170 VRs

thanks