Gilmour Foamaster II or PB Foam Lance?

KBPhoto

The use of Snow Foam as a pre-wash is primarily just to loosen/soften existing dirt prior to you touching the car with your mitt/sponge etc. It won't remove all the dirt from your car.

A good analogy would be for anyone who has ever tried to remove dried on weetabix from a surface. Do you scrub it very hard and use pressure to remove it or would you soak it first to loosen it up and save you some elbow grease? If you bear in mind how easy it is to damage/marr a cars paint then you may start to see the benefit of snow foam.

Some Foams are marketed as TFR (traffic film removers) that will remove more grime but these can also have a detrimental affect on any LSP you have on the car. So its down to personal choice.

Me? I have a coating of C1 and C1.5 on my motor so nothing sticks to it at all. I still foam it though when I wash. As a previous member replied; I like doing it! :rock:

Edited by O.B-B