Hi guys,

I have recently purchased my first car Skoda Octavia Elegance 2005. I really like this car so far but I think I have already found a fault. It looks like a handle on the boot lid doesn't work at all. Every time I press on it while the car is unlocked nothing happens and only way to open the car is by using button on the remote key.

Did anyone of you had a similar problem? I will really appreciate your help! Thanks

Edited by lammar

Have you tried pressing the unlock button on the remote twice - this should then let you unlock the boot using the button under the boot lip. On my Octy you press the remote unlock once and that unlocks all the doors - then press it again if you want to open the boot. I am sure you can change the settings so that one press unlocks the doors and boot. I might be wrong but with the set up as you have it you should be able with one press of the centre button on the remote unlock only the boot - but be careful with your keys because when I shut the boot after doing so it re-locks the boot.

I expect there must be a way to change these settings but the manual isn't very helpful on that score - or maybe it's an age related thing !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem with mine not opening from the boot rubber button but would open by pressing the remote,it was a warranty repair but they told me they replaced a control unit & its been fine ever since,mine used to open the boot when you were driving along too!