Well I have been a REVO fan since I had mine mapped few years back to a REVO 1 and stage 2 tune.

Never really any issue with the map, although was a little annoyed you can't map out any performance mod deletes from that map like decat , SAI, EVAP etc.

That coupled with very good reviews on a SHARK map got me tempted to change.

Also being guinea pig to CNTUNING(AKA Clive) early discount maps that are SHARK software made this even more tempting.

So I bite the bullet and book myself into a visit to Clive for the Friday just gone. I find out that before i can get a new map loaded I need to get the REVO removed back to std (lucky found this before the visit). So you need a REVO dealer to remove map. This cost me the price of £33 back to JKM.

Picked car up and drove home, OMG a std mapped car!!! :wall: This is when you realise the night and day difference. I was then thinking what have I done...hope the new map is worth it.

Friday gets me up nice and early , too early to have breakfast. (well after Thursday night beers leaving at 8am is amazing).

Just under 1.5 hours and I am at Clives house. Clive is a great guy and for those who know him already know this. Great to meet a guy who is a Briskoda member and loves these cars as much as me(although he just can't hang onto them long enough :giggle: ) Even better when Clive has access to perfomance goodies at great prices... :thumbup:

Enough waffling now and get back on track:

As my car is already kitted out for the REVO stage 2 going for the higher tune SHARK map was in order.

We decided to leave in place the 4bar FPR that REVO use intead on going back to the std 3bar(i bought up just in case) and had lot's of time to mess with mapping if needed. Also left inplace my Forge DV with yellow stiffer spring and ECS racing N75 valve.

What we did but in place was a uprated fuel pump as I wanted to be sure the car was getting optimum fuelling and had brough up a new Walbro 255 GSS342 pump.

Having looked at the pump and the difference we decided to go with the GSS340 walbro that clive already had spare as that seemed to look and fit better. the GSS342 has a off centre bottom fuel connection as opposed to the GSS340 which is dead centre and matted to std fuel pump housing better.

Also based on folks complaining that the walbro in tank can suffer from fuel starvation on low tank we ensured the pump was fitted dead level and using new motor rubber sock, made sure it was a tight fit right to bottom of fuel container(a lot of cause is a loose pump rattling around in std container.

Std pump is locted under rear seat

IMG_1089.jpg

std pump and housing removed

IMG_1091.jpg

walbro and replacement housing stripped to check ok

IMG_1084.jpg

new rubber sock fitted

IMG_1083.jpg

reassembled

IMG_1085.jpg

and fitted back to tank

IMG_1092.jpg

First thing was to check for leaks and start car up to see if runing ok.

Then onto mapping

just to prove Clive is real......and does work...

IMG_1093.jpg

Clive starts up the mapping program and the does some techi stuff, ends up saving file of ECU parameters including the delete options for SAI , EVAP, decat etc.

Whilst waiting for the good man Ben and Shark to do his stuff my stomach was grumbling and Clive's better half made a sausage and bacon french stick with the best tasting sausages I have ever had..love those Clive....

Then Clive gets the map back and loads into car. Less than 7 min later we are plugged in and ready to test.

I star car up and it idles perfectly, good news.

We do a few logs and then as all is well go off on a run, testing various engine speeds , throttle positions etc and all looks good, I am already somewhat supprised on the early pick up compared to the REVO which was mid range pick up. We then go for a blast on motorway and jesus i start smiling. It is just a different map enough said. REVO is not bad at all but just different. The SHARK comes in quicker and holds better. I guess it all depends on when you want the power delivery as the K03s now is the limitation for me. But all round well chuffed with map and Clives help and the price of the map too.

Plus side is the logging proved the car engine was sound and no fuel issues or boost issues at all, everything was working as it should. :thumbup:

Cheers Clive for a great day. I can be moved detailed on MAP if folks wish me to bore them more :giggle:

REVO gone

IMG_1221.jpg

New guy in town

IMG_1214.jpg

few pics of car whilst we are at it.

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

• Like 3

Glad to help buddy ;-)

That pic makes me look big !!! Im really 12stone with a six pack ;-) lol

Such a nice car and wow it goes ;-)

Porky whites ;-) best sausages in town

Thanks buddy

I had respect for you, and then you said that. Bloody woman!! ;)

B):thumbup:

Good writeup on the fuel pump - knew it had to be simple

Cheers, yep no too difficult as long as it is fitted staight and tight and right low to bottom of housing :thumbup:

Glad to help buddy ;-)

That pic makes me look big !!! Im really 12stone with a six pack ;-) lol

Such a nice car and wow it goes ;-)

Porky whites ;-) best sausages in town

Thanks buddy

No worries buddy.

just to say you drunk the 6 pack before we started working.... :yes:

What a pain , so is it any Revo dealer you have to go to ?

I like my Revo stage 2 but im ****ed off now as APR are back in the uk, therefore swapped what i think was a stronger map for nothing

Money save then a shark stage 2 i beleve :D

Just out of spite and protest lol

And it seems oooooooo stickers :D

Yes buddy any REVO dealer will do it. it needs to be removed for others mappers to flash the ECU. As REVO lock it :devil:

yer I want some cntuning stickers that people can misread :)

That's most of the road users then. :giggle:

I'm sorry, have I read right? a Sausage and Bacon Baguette!?!?!

Hmmmm gonna have to have words! lol. I have had nothing like that offered to me, and he still has my car ;) .

Did you see the estate in the corner?

Good news for me, will be getting my stage 2 monster back today too :happy::rofl: :love: just shame it's raining.....

lovely write up! have heard good and bad about revo but shark on the other hand all i ever hear is good things. had a map put on 18 months ago and like you say the difference is night and day over standard.

question for you - how did you get your bump strips that darn black? have they been sprayed? clean my octy last night and the rear strip in particualr is almost white it's that faded!

Edited by vrs200bhp

i had a st2 revo a3 a few years ago and i love the shark maps over revo all day long. Shark are very good maps which is why in the year W8s been selling them, hes never had 1 come back unhappy! its all down to the cars owner and driving style as well i think. Ben and his team at Shark HQ spent many 1000s of hours perfecting these maps for us all to enjoy. I would say its pretty impossible for Shark dealers on here to have an unhappy customer.

:thumbup:

Maybe Clive has started a culinary based incentive scheme

If a stage 2 map comes with a Sausage and Bacon Baguette, would a stage 1 come with a more basic bacon butty ?

When I had my new Shark Stage 1 done at Shark HQ, Ben went out and bought me a bacon bap! So I think they might have already initiated the scheme!

I've had my new tweaked Stage 1 map on for 3 months now and it's glorious. I'm still blown away by the massive 354Nm of torque! It's almost as much as a new Land Rover Defender (360Nm)!!

Bowders, I'd imagine you're running some meaty levels of torque now. Your car is super clean. I've finally got myself a garage and a driveway, so I need to give my old girl some exterior love.

I'm sorry, have I read right? a Sausage and Bacon Baguette!?!?!

Hmmmm gonna have to have words! lol. I have had nothing like that offered to me, and he still has my car ;) .

Did you see the estate in the corner?

Good news for me, will be getting my stage 2 monster back today too :happy::rofl: :love: just shame it's raining.....

Clive obviously loves me more Dave.

Yep saw your nice black estate buddy. Looks really nice. Wheels suit the car and nice and low with those weitecs.

We checked out your FMIC piping looks better than the std universal stuff. Although your FMIC is huge. After Clive went out in mine with Forge FMIC he may be thinking a smaller FMIC on yours. I get no lag at all.

good news that bud , whats needed for the stage 2 shark map then

Really for stage 2 you need the following:

Cat back exhaust

Either a sports cat or decat to get best from boost and turbo spool up

FMIC

DV like forge with yellow spring or stronger spring(some cars are ok with green spring)

Although not needed I also have :

4 bar FPR

ECS racing N75 valve

Walbro high pressure fuel pump

CAI filter

Maybe Clive has started a culinary based incentive scheme

If a stage 2 map comes with a Sausage and Bacon Baguette, would a stage 1 come with a more basic bacon butty ?

A stage 1 comes with just bacon, no roll and you cook it youself.:)

lovely write up! have heard good and bad about revo but shark on the other hand all i ever hear is good things. had a map put on 18 months ago and like you say the difference is night and day over standard.

question for you - how did you get your bump strips that darn black? have they been sprayed? clean my octy last night and the rear strip in particualr is almost white it's that faded!

Cheers for comments. The black strips are not painted I just use meguiars trim restorer.

Do the come in aggressive tendancy to drive like a ****weed form :D

I may have a home for a cntuning sticker :)

Id also want a shark one tho lol

I need a shark sticker too

• Like 2

I believe so. From what I've read some tuners like APR and REVO change the location of the maps within the ME ecu. They also disable OBD reading to stop others downloading theirs maps. I believe it still can be read and writen too using boot mode but as the location of the maps have been changed you need to write a standard file back assuming you/tuner has the file for your ECU. So much easier to just have REVO reflash your original file back.

Nice review. I'd be interested in more geeky map details :) Dont suppose you or Cline have (or mind) posting any logs?