Stream Stereo Aux Input

Hi Folks,

I know there are a million threads on this subject but I can't find quite the information I am looking for.

My 2006 Octavia vRS is fitted with the standard STREAM headunit (the non Mp3 version).

I have read a bit of information here and there that there are two (non Mp3) versions of this headunit, one with the STREAM logo in the centre of the unit, one with the STREAM logo to the right of the unit.

I have also heard a rumor that the unit with STREAM on the right hand side (like mine) will accept a simple aux in without messing with the CD changer. In the menu's of my stereo there is an option to turn AUX on and off but I cannot select it with the CD button. I have had the unit out of the car and under the blue plug at the back of the stereo there appear to be pins in all locations on the back of the stereo.

Can anyone confirm that there is an aux in available on these stereos that will simply require the connection of the left and right audio channels and a ground to enable an external device to play through the unit.

I hope I have explained this clearly!

Thanks

Rich

• 3 months later...