Strange boot locking issue

Is my memory right when I think that there was a time when the boot would just open with the handle when all the locks were opened with the key fob?

It's just that, for a good while now I've had to open the boot with the key, turning it anti-clockwise and holding the key in this position while pulling the handle to open the boot. It's not meant to be like that, is it?

Well, this evening it's taken a dislike to me and now it won't open at all. I had to crawl into the boot from inside the car to get it opened.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Is it the lock itself, or the CCM thingy, or what?

Sounds like the lock to me, has the rear wiper been letting water in?

Not that I'm aware of. I did have a damp issue not long ago, and after getting that sorted I've just completed changing the carpets and drying the whole thing out this weekend. I had a dehumidifier in the car last night and today to draw the last of the water out before I put the carpet and interior back in. The lock stopped working this evening before I put the interior back in, so perhaps the dehumidifier did something?

If it's the lock, is it the orange bit just, or is there more to it than that? Easy job?

I think it was the pollen filter grommet where the leak was (I'm hoping).

From memory the boot lock makes the motorised noise like it should be opening, certainly the rest of the locks work, but it just doesn't seem to unlock.

I'll maybe go out and put my ear up to it to double check this though.

If it's making noise, does that mean it's the lock itself?

Took the panel off, removed the two screws holding the solenoid box, carefully prised open the plastic cover of the solenoid box, rotated it a bit, sprayed in a bit of WD40, rotated a bit more, put it all back together and...

TADA!! It works! Even the remote locking works again! :rofl: