Yeti AC blower snag

chetan_sen

I was pretty excited to get a gleaming new Yeti out of the Dealer's showroom in Feb 2012, however the excitement didn't last the summer.

Since the very beginning I noticed that the AC blower could be heard but you couldnt feel it inside the cabin on immediately starting the car. It seems as if the blower is running but the direction of flow is somewhere else. Also noticed that on bumps of heavy breaking the blower air direction would move to my feet and come back.

The problem became more frequent and finally I could just hear the blower but couldn't feel it inside. The temperature in this part of India does touch 45-48 degree celsius and this is when the AC gave way.

The car has been with the Skoda Service 3 times for the same issue and the problem still persists. They have changed lot of parts including the compressor, but the AC blower still stops working on a hot sunny day.

I noticed this problem particularly occurrs when the car is parked in the direct sunlight for a few hours and on hot days. During rains or cloudy days when temperature is lower the problem is non existent.

I haven't been able to get the resolution of this problem as yet. Any Suggestions

Thanks

Chetan

The problem became more frequent and finally I could just hear the blower but couldn't feel it inside. The temperature in this part of India does touch 45-48 degree celsius and this is when the AC gave way.

The car has been with the Skoda Service 3 times for the same issue and the problem still persists. They have changed lot of parts including the compressor, but the AC blower still stops working on a hot sunny day.. Any Suggestions

Thanks

Chetan

Chetan

Which part of India are you in. What is the year of manufacturer and has the dealer updated the ECU firmware in your Yeti? The update is very specific to AC cooling. But it was last october and it maybe done in your vehicle since you bought it in the current year. However there were a lot of old stock vehicles which were being offered by the dealers in april this year.