Limp mode Octavia 19 TDI

I think it was stuck down, had to persuade it with a small tapping stick :giggle:

Drowned it several times in WD40, now seem to be getting full travel now when pushing it down with a piece of wood.

Have reassembled all pipework and am moving the actuator every 15 mins or so - will take her out for a spin at about 9:30 to see if I can create a fog :giggle:

when the stick is on it, if it wont move a gentle tap with a hammer on top, gently gently just to break the seizure thats on it

yes I ended up doing this as well :whew:

keep pumping it, make sure its smooth as silk. never heard of one as bad as this, the difference shoul be huge. so 40 mins or so?

about 9:30 as I've got to pick someone up so an ideal time to warm her up

I think it was stuck on full boost as I have never heard the turbo make a sound

remember when she is warm, you have to go to rev limiter 2nd gear is good for that, then watch as the blackness flys out the exhaust

I'll get her up to normal temperature then rag the hell out of her on a nearby dual carriageway :yes:

Just come back indoors from pumping the actuator constantly for about 10mins - seems to be getting smoother every time I do it

Had to put tape round the top of the wood as it was wearing my hand out :whew::blush:

cool, dont need to where it out though :giggle: i predict a big grin on your face, if it was jammed that hard and at the bottom too, thats the closed section of the actuater, vac reduces to open it further. more boost for you fella

• Like 1

Just back from half hour of ragging the nuts of the car - quite a bit of smoke to start with but soon cleared

Took it too the limiter in 2nd and 3rd a couple of times, took her up a few steep hills to put her under load in a high gear and did a bit of high speed, flat out work - no sign of limp mode and the acceleration and torque seems to have improved already - still can't hear much noise from the turbo but she does seem smoother

Maybe I'll give it another treatment over the weekend if I get time as I'm sure as it was so bad it must still have some crap left in it.

A big thank you to Lofty79 for all the help and advice and furnishing me with the tubing and an elbow free of charge - top bloke :clap: :thumbup:

I have a few more pics which I took during the procedure if anyone wants them, maybe add them to the guide?

cool mate glad it worked, low turbo noise just prob means its healthy. your welcome dude, takes a few miles for ecu to adjust to turbo wrking properly too.

re pics, you could probably fire them onto the guide thread i put up and itll help fill it out a bit in more detail, people love the details, down to the letter. Someone even asked me "do you think my bolts will undo" :giggle:

sounds like it was well needed anyway. Glad to have helped.

keep us posted ongoing

Edited by Lofty79