Dookie's MK1 vRS

Sprucegoose

History:

Well i got tired of the OHC [Old honda City Type 1 1998 model] and after all the stuff i had got done to the car, realised that most of all i missed good music. So i decided that when i get an opportunity, i'd get a stock car that i don't need to modify right away.

I also quit my job, so funds are tight and my mum is not keeping too well, so i cannot have the car in the workshop for more than a day or 2 at a time and funds are further more restricted.

1> Got the Car for 3L INR.

Paid 1L upfront

Will Pay 1L when i can afford to and that too in installments. smile.gif

And Exchanged the OHC [Removed the Amp though]

2> Known Problems with the Car

Suspension on it's way out

Tyres are bald and cracking.

Leaking Intercooler [fixed before taking the car]

Right Wing Mirror Glass is broken

Car stalls when on less than half a tank of petrol

Driver's power window is dodgy

Headlights are not in good shape

Failed O2 sensor [b1S2]

Broken Top Glass of sunroof [fixed before taking the car]

AC vent vanes broken

Ashtray and cup holders broken

Interiors out of whack

3> Problems Found out after getting the car

Leak in Cooling System [Neck that houses the Coolant temperature sender]

Lots of electrical problems [Traced back to a Dying Battery and a Faulty Fuse box atop it]

A couple of Dings and Dents.

Headlights are royally messed up. One fog light housing is rusting, the Glass needed to be buffed from inside and out, one ballast had failed, mounting clips were damaged. Wiring was messed up as well.

The car Makes noises in first second and third gear when at low RPMs [i think its the Gear box mounting]

Sunroof packed up. Problem with the rails [the Fiber part.]

Leaking sunroof [Drainage pipes were blocked]

AC Drainage pipe is blocked, so water leaks into the passenger compartment when the AC is on.

4> Build so far

Got Focal Performance series speakers with an Alpine 9855 HU with Dynamat Extreme [stage 1] damping on the front doors [iNR 40000]

Got the Headlights Buffed from inside and out. [iNR 4000]

Got New HIDs 6000K [iNR 6000]

Unblocked the Sunroof Drainage pipes

Changed the Cooling neck where the coolant temperature sender sits. [iNR 2300]

5> The way forward [not in any particular order]

[This I am getting done right now] Fix the Stalling problem

That will include replacing the O2 sensor, Changing the Battery and getting a new fuse box.

Rewire the ICE

Fit my DLS Reference RA40 Amplifier to the 4 speakers & Connect the Pioneer Amp [that came with the car] to a Sub.

Get Tein SS Suspension with an EDFC [open to suggestions, but i'd preferably want an electronically adjustable one that on the stiffest setting is stiffer than stock ones]

Get a set Yokohama S.Drives stock size on stock rims

Paint job [Magic Black]

New Headlights [Getting the stock Diesel Octy ones as they are cheaper and try to DIY fix the vRS ones myself]

Sort out the interiors

Add some lights to the interiors [not neons, but the regular interior lights. two for the back seat and one more in the boot], put in brighter LEDs rather than the dull halogen bulbs.

Fix the Sunroof

Get new glass for the Right side wing mirror

Fix the Driver's power window

Get an uprated clutch

Build a car PC

Stage 1 Remap [Air Filter, a really soft FFE]. This will happen last of all

6> The Wish List [this is a wish list.... This stuff will only happen if i get filthy rich, or Bill Gates, or some like walletted person adopts me.]

R32 Steering Rack

Racing Seats in the front and an extra padding of foam on the back seats.

R32 FARB with a Neuspeed 28mm RARB

AWD conversion [as far as i know we don't get 4x4 Octys in India]

Upgrade to about 300HP without adversely affecting daily drivability. [this will only happen if i do the AWD conversion]

And put some Gadgets inside, ala James Bond... hopefully the Bond girls will follow then smile.gif

7> Questions

Will Doing a SAI, N249, N75, N112 delete improve performace or FE, without adversely affecting the other?

Hypothetically can i put in 205/50R18 Alloys & Tyres, to Raise the car abit while reducing the gap between the wheel and the arch.

Will it foul the suspension / transmission.

I presume the performance will drop slightly.

8> Purpose

Well i want a quick car, with decent mileage, that just works.

I also wanted a heavy car, used to get scared driving on undulating roads in the OHC.

Considering the price point i got this at, i know there is alot of work to be done, but none of it is major.

And unfortunately my mum fell sick at the wrong time, [there is never a right time] but just as i had accumulated the cash for getting the essentials done, i couldn't let go of the car, or the cash.

9> Plan to do a dyno run shortly [in a month or so] and do one each time i add something performance oriented to the car.

Pics of the car [though not very flattering] coming soon.

Edited by Sprucegoose

• 3 weeks later...