Crash :(

Its strange I wrote off my previous vRS a few years before (my own fault) and morethan (my insurance company at the time) asked me how much I thought it was worth which I said 5k as that's what I bought it for, and they paid straight out no questions asked! Admiral however appear to be a different story...

Anyway's I was saving money for a new car anyway so have taken the plunge and bought myself a 2006 Ford Focus ST-3 which is just in a different league to the vRS (mainly the fuel costs which are turning out to be very interesting!)

Its strange I wrote off my previous vRS a few years before (my own fault) and morethan (my insurance company at the time) asked me how much I thought it was worth which I said 5k as that's what I bought it for, and they paid straight out no questions asked! Admiral however appear to be a different story...

Anyway's I was saving money for a new car anyway so have taken the plunge and bought myself a 2006 Ford Focus ST-3 which is just in a different league to the vRS (mainly the fuel costs which are turning out to be very interesting!)

I've got a facelift st-3 they are brilliant cars had mine 3 years now, fuel cost is crap but if you buy one then that shouldn't be something that bothers you, I see around 23-26mpg around town and maybe 30 on a run lol, that's with mods but don't think the standard car is much better. You'll love the focus mind, any mods on the car?

No mods, just tidying it up at the moment, do you know when cambelt needs changing?

One thing it doesn't have is the same amount of shove when you floor it, I reckon my old mapped vRS would match it from 20 - 60. A remap should soon sort that out though!

25-28 MPG? or lower?

Impreza P1 ownership, driving responsibly plus a few blasts (first three months of me owning the car, so not wanting to break it, summer 2003... 24MPG. You could easily get it to go far lower but not much higher. And it wouldn't run on 95 octane. had to have 98 or 99 octane.

No mods, just tidying it up at the moment, do you know when cambelt needs changing?

One thing it doesn't have is the same amount of shove when you floor it, I reckon my old mapped vRS would match it from 20 - 60. A remap should soon sort that out though!

The word on focus st owners club is that it's 100'000 or ten years, I've got my vrs mapped and my st has mods as standard the mapped vrs would give it a go, but my fab vrs can't keep up with my modded st.

Sitting around the 22 MPG mark at the moment, that's all town driving though giving it a bit here and there. I reckon after about 70 or 80 MPH it would be game over for the vRS in a drag race and if corners were involved it wouldn't stand much of a chance really.