[Yeti] Praise Where Praise Is Due - Alex Lawrie Skoda, Liverpool

manxman

Hi One & All

As a Yeti [and first time Skoda] owner I just wanted to use this forum to “sing the praises” of Alex Lawrie Skoda, Liverpool.

With no dealer on the Island I was put in touch with this company in order to get the recall work carried out regarding the rear badge scenario and also the Turbo shim / computer update work.

They informed me that they would be glad to carry out the work and I was just to give them a week’s notice when I was travelling over from the Island.

I duly arranged a visit to Chester for last week and arranged to drive the Yeti up to the garage straight from the Liverpool ferry, prior to travelling down to Chester, on the morning of Monday 27 August. However, I had not factored in to this equation that the Monday was a UK Bank Holiday and the garage was closed.

Garry Hughes, the after-sales manager, telephoned me prior to my travelling to the UK and kindly agreed to pick up my vehicle from my hotel at Cheshire Oaks, in order to save me driving it back up to Liverpool..........thus enabling me to accompany my wife and youngest daughter to the Cheshire Oaks shops and keep putting my hand in my wallet!!!

The Wednesday morning duly arrived and Garry telephoned me at about 0745 hours to let me know he was on his way. He collected the vehicle around 0800 hours and drove it up to Liverpool. All the necessary work was carried out and the vehicle was returned to me by another member of his staff just after 1100 hours. NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL SERVICE!

Here was a garage I had never had any contact with before, BUT because they were a Skoda Dealer went out of their way to give me a customer service experience I won’t forget in a hurry, and which, sadly, is all too rare in this day and age.

No wonder they were Skoda Retailer of the year 2011 – and if this is how they treat all their customers they probably will be again this year.

I just had to give praise where praise is due. We are always quick to point out when something goes wrong, but forget when things are spot-on.

Many thanks one and all at Alex Lawrie Skoda, and a special thanks to Garry Hughes.

I hope we may be able to “do a deal” when the time comes for this Skoda to be replaced by a newer model.

On a slightly different note was also overjoyed to see how well the 1.2 DSG performed on the motorways etc., and also pleased to see a return of just over 50 mpg to boot. All this with three up and occasionally a full boot and roof bars/bag as well.

Manxman

If you were up by Cheshire Oaks why not use Mitchells Skoda across the road?.I have used both Lawries and Mitchells service departments and can honestly say Mitchells was easily the best.

As for 'doing a deal' when I traded in my car for a Yeti, Mitchells Gave me £2000-00 more than Alex Lawrie !.

Another big plus for Mitchells from, I tried Alex Lawrie, I said I wanted to buy a Yeti and a Fabia VRS, I was told "I am sure you do". I found this appalling.

I also tried Claybank where my mate bought a Roomster, again nobody seemed to have much time for me.

I tried Lightcliffe in Warrington, when I asked for a test drive in a Yeti, I was told, you are a company car driver contact Skoda UK.

Finally went to Mitchells, I asked for a test drive and was thrown the key to a 170tdi Yeti and told not to rush back, I bought a Yeti. I also went there for the Fabia on Saturday afternoon, again keys were given to a vrs and I was told to go and have a good drive, I bought the fabia, since then the service is great, Fabia oil issue is being resolved, Yeti is coming up the the third service and no complaints so far, also every saturday a car wash can be had for free.