engine management light on my vrs :(

vrs890

Hi, i have just cleaned my EGR valve on my 1.9 tdi and now i have started the car and its showing the engine management light. Any advice ?

One thing i didnt anticipate was having to code them back to my car. I put it all back together and took it for a short test drive, it was idling a little lumpy and would rev by itself... i thought it would sort itself out and must have been the brake cleaner or somthing but not long after... the engine managment light came on. I put it straight onto the computer and had to set the values for the egr valve and throttle again. iirc the throttle value was 46 and the egr was 78. Everythings fine now they have been set and the car seems... the same really.

This was on my petrol engine so will be different to the diesel one.

Edited by hutchysrs50

i've seen people reset all values by taking the battery off for half an hour or somthing like that. I just plugged mine into the computer at work and it pretty much told me the problem and how to fix it.

On my egr valve i had to unplug it, which caused a fault, but thinking about it that wont be the case for the op as i dont think they are plugged in as such....

Check all the pipes have been put back on properly and none of left off or been damaged.

All it will be is all the cleaner and **** being dumped and the ECU reading somethings wrong. Best to give it a long run which you have done then disconnect the battery over night. I would even scan and delete the fault codes if you have a scanner.

Dont know anything about programming values.