MP3 lead for Bolero radio, which one please?

citori

Hello.

Can anybody help me with this? I posted in the ICE section but had no replies, so I'm trying here.

I have searched the forums and found some interesting information such as how to remove the radio etc.

But because the threads are a bit old the links to the relevant leads (usually on Ebay) are no longer valid.

I have a 2011 Skoda octavia with a Bolero 6 cd radio and want to add an 3.5mm aux cable so I can connect my sat nav - phone - MP3 player etc.

What lead do I need? there seems to be more than one type for sale on fleabay for the bolero.

If anybody can point me in the right direction..

I also understand I will also need to get something changed/enabled in the radio software as at the moment the 'aux' is greyed out from the menu on the radio. Any ideas how I would go about getting this done?

Any advice gratefully received.

ATB

Steve.

Hello.

Can anybody help me with this? I posted in the ICE section but had no replies, so I'm trying here.

I have searched the forums and found some interesting information such as how to remove the radio etc.

But because the threads are a bit old the links to the relevant leads (usually on Ebay) are no longer valid.

I have a 2011 Skoda octavia with a Bolero 6 cd radio and want to add an 3.5mm aux cable so I can connect my sat nav - phone - MP3 player etc.

What lead do I need? there seems to be more than one type for sale on fleabay for the bolero.

If anybody can point me in the right direction..

I also understand I will also need to get something changed/enabled in the radio software as at the moment the 'aux' is greyed out from the menu on the radio. Any ideas how I would go about getting this done?

Any advice gratefully received.

ATB

Steve.

I don't know about the lead, if you have maxidot you can enable the aux. I had to do this with my scout :)

Is it the 3.5 mm Aux socket you are looking for?

Are you sure that you haven't already got a 3.5mm Aux socket, it is sneakily hidden in the centre armrest if you have one.

I have Bolero and Aux socket and it is greyed out on Bolero if nothing plugged in.

Sorry for stating obvious if you have already checked :happy:

Any old lead with 3.5mm plugs should be fine.

Maxidot is in centre of dash, shows picture of car with doors open/closed and is accessed with button and rocker on end of wiper stalk or buttons on multi-function steering wheel.

HTH.

I have the Octavia SE. I don't think it has the maxidot. I have a couple of switches on the wiper and they control the on board compter for instant and average mileage, speed etc. If there is an input socket it's well hidden. I have searched all around the centre console and the glovebox in the hope of finding one but no such luck.

If you have an Aux socket it will have a hinged cover over it to keep dust out.

If not then might be worth looking into fitting the MDI interface. This allows you to connect a USB, iPod or 3.5mm plug, with the appropriate lead, and the USB and iPod devices can then be controlled by the Bolero.

They can be found on eBay or look on CarSystems Pl.

http://www.carsystems.pl/accessories-interfaces,c17.html

Thanks Guys,

No arm rest. I have a centre console with a couple of cup holders and a 12v outlet, central locking switch etc.

There is a company on Ebay called MT-audio that say they do a lead for the Bolero and the mod to switch on the input but they are in Hinkley which is a bit of a trek from here. I can get the lead, but then I need to get the radio to work.