Audi S3 as VRS replacement.

Hello guys, bit of brain storming going on here. I'm currently driving a 11 months old CR VRS my 3rd vrs but had a few issues with it and its left me feeling a bit numb towards it, as well as that I wish I'd have bought the DSG TFSI instead as I don't have as much fun in the CR as the old petrol VRS I had before that I regret selling.

Anyway a few days ago I stupidly test drove a higer millage Audi s3 (45000 miles) and to my surprise it felt as tight as new but they are still expensive and hold there value at just under £20000!! I know they are not comparable models but to be honest I can see why they have a high reputation, I was very impressed with the drive and handling and as I do under 15000 miles a year I'm no considering selling mine on and getting an S3, I could cope with a smaller car. Anyone on here owned either the S3 and or petrol VRS with DSG or even driven both as opinions are welcome. Ive Never driven a dsg petrol and none of the local dealers have one and I'm wondering if a good remap or from REVO for example would close the gap between the VRS and S3.

Thanks..