1.4 Tdi Sport - 4 years & 60K Miles On........

davesnr

My pride and joy is now just over 4 years old and done 60,000 miles- so whats the verdict? answer.....very happy with the car, still love the engine sound - sad I know, love how it rockets away, love its reliability, economy still between 55 & 60 mpg, & low running cost.

Only problem to date has been a replacement windscreen washer pump which froze during the first winter due to me being tight with the windscreen wash fluid - too diluted - the end of the pump pushed off and I could not stop it leaking so bought a new one.

I fitted Front discs & pads last time I serviced it & apart from tyres ( around 25,00 miles a set) the usual fuel, tax (£30) & insurance it has cost nothing more to run.

I started servicing it when the 3 year warranty expired but still use the VW platinum oil & VAG filters, it uses no oil between services.

Hope to run it to at least 100,000 miles as I have no reason to change it, the Candy white colour is still looking good, got a few stone chips, a couple of small dings which hardly notice, interior is wearing well - had fitted mats from new althought the carpets are a bit faded in places.

If I had to replace it it would probably be for a Monte Carlo version but not sure which engine.

• Like 1