Octavia Greenline ll

Jaytip

Hi folks,

i will most probably be pulling the trigger next week on a Greenline ll for my next taxi. I have had a search for fuel figures on here but most of them seem to be for motorway driving as well.The vast majority of my driving will be in town,so i was wondering what i can expect to get.

I'm not a fast driver and my current taxi (Audi A6) returns me anything between 31mpg and 36mpg around town and i'm hoping that i will see at least 50mpg to make it worthwhile stepping out of the Audi.The Audi has only done 35K so there is plenty of life left in it,but i am seeing the price creeping back up at the pumps,so fuel economy has to be chosen over comfort and refinement.

I was regularly getting 40mpg-43mpg out of my 1.9 Superb so am i being optimistic hoping for 50+ in an Octavia Greenline ll ?

regards,

Ivor.

MPG claims on forums have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

The best thing to do is take an extended test drive and drive the car around town as though you were at work.

This is the only real way of finding out how economic the car will be in your area, on your roads with your driving style etc.

I have a new Greenline 2, can comfortably get average 75mpg with the family in the car if I stay at 60 on the motorway and am a bit gentle around town. Driving 130kmph on French motorways with air con on, sat nav and fridge plugged in, full of luggage, with wife 3kids and car seats, still got 55mpg. Also great to drive. On short journeys round town avg 50-55mpg.

I would guess in part the Taxi work keeps the engine warm/hot which should mitigate a little for the urban duty cycle.

In a non greenline tavi II I get about 52.5 mph brimmed & corrected figs for mostly shorter runs

Or look at the first quoted figure of the three.

I also figger knock 15 % off the combined figure for mixed (or indeed combined!) driving

Guessing 50mpg (genuine) should be reasonably achievable.

PS

Why not a Superb to replace the A6?

I would guess in part the Taxi work keeps the engine warm/hot which should mitigate a little for the urban duty cycle.

In a non greenline tavi II I get about 52.5 mph brimmed & corrected figs for mostly shorter runs

Or look at the first quoted figure of the three.

I also figger knock 15 % off the combined figure for mixed (or indeed combined!) driving

Guessing 50mpg (genuine) should be reasonably achievable.

PS

Why not a Superb to replace the A6?

I had a Superb ll before,albeit the 1.9 on an 09.It was a great car,but what made me decide on the Octavia instead of the Superb this time was the test drive.I took both cars on the same route(both Greenlines) and the Octavia showd 52MPG average to the Superb's 45MPG.over 3 years that would add up to quite a saving,plus the initial saving when bought new.

Regards,

Ivor.