Help, I think I've bought a fruit machine, lights galore

Simon_b1

It's a 56plate fabia 1.4 diesel, bought new and has covered 24k from new and has been serviced at skoda every year prior to an mot. The problem is that the abs light, hand brake light, power steering light, and eml all come on randomly, could be ten minutes into driving or over a 1000 miles. They then generally go off over a period of days, was plugged in at skoda and they said it needs an abs module at 1200 quid, but then the abs light doesn't always come on, I have checker the usual 40amp fuse on top of the battery and had the code cleared and now when it does it I lose the speedo as well. It also beeps when it's faults

All the lights are flashing but I'm not winning any money.

Dunno if fabias suffer from this problem, but on Octys the alternator to the fuse box on top of the battery wire can cause a similar problem due to corrosion, it usually melts the fuse box aswell

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

The ABS light can be caused by a dirty reluctor ring or sensor on any wheel, use a cotton bud dipped in methylated spirits and carefully wipe completely around each ring and the sensor head.

I did this after a rear wheel cylinder leaked and left brake fluid on the reluctor ring which then attracted brake dust to foul up the abs signal.

Good luck.

DB.

Thanks guys. It appears that the fuel gauge is now going a little bit wayward, show low fuel when it had fuel in it.

Its now getting to a stage where you don't like to use it just in case it finally gives up. Oh and now she decides to fire up on only two of its three cylinders. Thanks for the suggestion people I'll have a potter tomorrow