Passenger rear door not unlocking

Lynchy

Het there, there's a few topics on the sane ish problem, but not quite sure what to do!

The octavia mk1 has dealocked the mecanism, and I cant open the door to get the panel off.

Problem was it worked unlocking and locking the door 3 times, and now it's stopped again. Will this be a loose connection, or dud motor, or something else?

Think I might just hand it in to workshop to fix it,but wanted to look at what it may be. Any way of unlocking the door when the deadlock is on? Then will I be able to tell with voltmeter testing?

Cheers very much

Lynchy

if the deadlock locks closed you are kind of limited with what to do.

as its intermittent, you either wait till it opens next,then take the door card of and test the supply to the motor and repair/replace as required..

or you take out the seats by the door from the inside, and then take off the card, you may have to break a few clips if you cannot access the screws when the door is closed.

I did a fabia front door recently, the motor was duff and the door was deadlocked, i took out the seat from the rear passenger side, then got to the screws holding the card in place, only had to break one clip getting the card off where i couldnt get to the screw in the end.

Might not help but worth a try as my rear driver's side door plays up and this is how I get around it. I try to open the door with the remote, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I reach inside through the driver's door and attempt to open it from inside using the silver handle manually. Visibly, this has no effect and it doesn't actually unlock it and the silver button doesn't pop up either; however, when I then plip the remote, it opens with it every time. So far, working around the issue and hope this might help you at least get the door open so you can work on it.