New Engine 1.2 TSi

BobbyG79

I've recently come across a Yeti 1.2 TSi that has had a new engine put in it.

The car has done 15k, the new engine about 1k.

I'm interested in buying but thought I'd ask the forum's opinion on buying cars such as this. I can think of both positive & negatives!

Cheers

I would think it is all positives.

That is if, it runs well now.

Is it a replacement engine or a short engine provided by Skoda and installed by a Skoda Dealership workshop?

Are they doing the 'Engine Warranty' on it from the Replacement or just from 15,000 miles ago & the cars first registration?

Is it at a good price, possibly cheaper than other similar vehicles with already 15,000 miles on them.

If the Answers and explanation from the Dealer are all positive & truthful and you can get a deal you like,

where are there any negatives?

Do not pay extra because of the replacement engine tho. JMO

I have bought 2 vRS that were 'Returned to Skoda' and 1 had a rebuilt engine and one did not require it done but was fully checked over, serviced and sold by a Dealer.

Much cheapness is possible if other buyers are put off and you are not.

Make them an offer & see what they say.

george

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm pretty sure it was an entire replacement engine, I'll have to check with the dealer who fitted it etc...I've already test-driven the car and there were no obvious issues.

It's certainly a good price, & if I can agree a deal then I'll be a Yeti owner very soon! I know I'd be getting a 12 month warranty from the dealer anyway, but obviously I'll also check if there's a separate warranty for the new engine.

Thanks for the advice!

Bob