High mileage vrs SE or lower mileage non SE?

ACSC

After 3.5 years of non furby ownership I think I'm set on buying another. Our old 04 plate was black with xenons, cruise and a few other options fitted.

Looking in the classifieds,eBay,pistonheads and autotrader there seems to be plenty of higher mileage SE's around and a fair few lower mileage non SE's out there.

What do you think is the better long term buy?

cheers

ACSC

Both valid points and I'm not going to rush in and buy a dog. Trouble is my take on immaculate or very good condition seems to vary from the sellers of a few I've looked at so far and as there is never any on the door step I'm wasting time driving some distance to view.

What I'm asking more than anything is:

would you rather own an SE with a few more miles on than a non SE with less miles on but both in very good condition?

Cheers

ACSC

To me it didn't matter I wanted iver an SE and spend a bit more or get a cheaper non SE and spec it up... I went to buy number 999 but when I went back to put deposit on it it had sold in 6hours!!! So I went for the silver one I own now cost me £1k less in total and that was after fitting leather and all the other extras I didn't care about cruise tinted glass etc... Wouldn't use the cruise and tinted glass would only set me back £80 for similar to the SE so it's entirely up to you... If itsthe colour your after well the SE no doubt but if it don't bother you.. Get a nicely specced non SE save some wonga then just make it your own!

Personally, I'm not crazy over the SE's. I'm not convinced the colour works well on the fabia (as oppose to a octavia) and while they are limited to 1,000, it's hardly rare.

If your looking at the SE for the level of equipment, the cruise control & leather are the main ones, both easily retrofitted. CD changer? Would it be used? My tinted windows cost £100 so easy to do also.