Really frustrated with my Yeti

BillN_33

I just don't know what to get it for Christmas

Since buying the Yeti 18 months ago, I've added the following

roof bars - the Skoda version - quite impressed with them

detachable tow bar - again Skoda, (Audi), version used quite a lot to tow my trailer

spare wheel kit

boot mat

mud flaps and mats came with the car

Steel wheels and winter tyres, (will be put on the car in the next couple of weeks) ...... mainly for use in wet conditions but we do get into the Pyrenees and Auvergne in November through to March

My car is the mid spec "Ambition" 140 4x4 model, (French mid spec as I live in France)

What do you guys recommend?

I thought about some of those rubber roof stripes, (similar to the ones that were standard on the W124 Merc Estates), as I would probably find these useful ....... but unsure about fitting them myself and dealer prices are not cheap....... also considered those plastic wheel arch extensions - we live in the country and it does get pretty muddy out here.

any other ideas?

Cheers

Edited by BillN_33

Have the roof strips myself; fitted by the dealer from new.

5677115548_5df76a0a4f_z.jpg

Not a job for the faint hearted, as there 'glued' on with some form of hard setting mastic :S

Found this out when one started to come away. Local dealer didn't know how to repair it (or want too), so back to the supplying dealer who replaced it no bother. Fingers crossed they have been OK since.

TP

Have the roof strips myself; fitted by the dealer from new.

5677115548_5df76a0a4f_z.jpg

Not a job for the faint hearted, as there 'glued' on with some form of hard setting mastic :S

Found this out when one started to come away. Local dealer didn't know how to repair it (or want too), so back to the supplying dealer who replaced it no bother. Fingers crossed they have been OK since.

TP

Do these stripes have any actual function or purpose?

What do you guys recommend?

I would recommend that you use the car to take you places you want to go. Since you have a Yeti, the trip should be relaxing and enjoyable.

I wouldn't recommend that you buy your car "treats". It's not a woman pet, it's a car. It has no concept of "grateful".

More seriously: the more unnecessary bling you load the car down with, the worse your fuel consumption will be.

• Like 1

I would recommend that you use the car to take you places you want to go. Since you have a Yeti, the trip should be relaxing and enjoyable.

I wouldn't recommend that you buy your car "treats". It's not a woman pet, it's a car. It has no concept of "grateful".

More seriously: the more unnecessary bling you load the car down with, the worse your fuel consumption will be.

Driven 23,000 miles in 18 months and I am retired - it get's driven to the east and central France quite a lot, back to the UK probably 5 times a year, the Atlantic Coast, with one trip to the South of Spain and one to central Italy.

The spare wheel kit is the only bit of heavy stuff i have, the rear seats are out 50% of the time and I reckon that I have averaged about 45mpg plus a little.

never drive over 130kph and usually light with the right foot

Would I get another - not sure - apparently the rear seat comfort is not great - not too sure I really like the gearbox - ride on the 17" wheels can be uncomfortable - (all compared with my previous vehicles - we had 6 x SAAB 9 5 Estates in a row - Skoda seats just don't compare, IMHO) - mpg is poor at Mway speeds, (not surprising as it's build like a brick), the 4 wheel drive performance was disappointing in last years bad weather and the Goodyear Excellence, (on 17 Spitzbergs) are poor in wet weather, (that's why I'm moving to winter tyres), but it is good for the French countryside and as we are only two the size of the car is reasonable.

Edited by BillN_33