DPF pressure sensor

Had my VRS back from the garage and it was running spot on for 12 hours or so, then this evening its undriveable, losing power and cutting out then struggling to start, sometimes not starting.

I went to start it this morning, and it just wouldnt fire, so I checked the oil level as the light was flashing, it was fine, removed engine cover to check if any boost hoses were popping off all fine, went to start the car and it started instantly. Cue a lot of head scratching, put the middle part of the engine cover back on, then the outer bit, pressed it down and the car died.

So took it back off and the the inner core is exposed on one of the wires connected to the DPF pressure sensor, I also noticed the sensor code is 076 906 051A, is this the old type or new type?

Thanks.

Hi,

just checked my invoice when I changed mine a couple of months back and can confirm that that is the latest version.

Tim

Thanks, was hoping it was going to be the old type which could explain why my car is undriveable, looks like the DPF could be blocked then as I have no fault codes on the dash.

Because you don't have a fault code does not mean that the DPF sensor is not faulty. Worth getting the car scanned or someone with VCDS to check the readings from it.

Tim

Scanned the car tonight, fault coder would only read up to model year 2004, managed to get 2 codes off, first code:

00309 clean solution metering pump v-135 open circuit/ short with ground

and the other code was unable to be read but came up 05000 006 001

00309 fuel pump/lift pump or does it mean the tandem pump?

Had my VRS back from the garage and it was running spot on for 12 hours or so, then this evening its undriveable, losing power and cutting out then struggling to start, sometimes not starting.

I went to start it this morning, and it just wouldnt fire, so I checked the oil level as the light was flashing, it was fine, removed engine cover to check if any boost hoses were popping off all fine, went to start the car and it started instantly. Cue a lot of head scratching, put the middle part of the engine cover back on, then the outer bit, pressed it down and the car died.

So took it back off and the the inner core is exposed on one of the wires connected to the DPF pressure sensor, I also noticed the sensor code is 076 906 051A, is this the old type or new type?

Thanks.

have you repaired/replaced the wiring going to the pressure sensor?

have you repaired/replaced the wiring going to the pressure sensor?

not yet going to stick a bit of insulation tape over the exposed wire.

I took it for a drive last night and it drove fine no stalling or stuttering, very confused and very worried as I know its going to happen at some point again.

DPF pressure sensor being "iffy" would cause it to regen over and over, or not regen at all, ever..... It wouldn't cause lumpy driving, only limp mode and by that time the dash would resemble a christmas tree.

My sensor failed and it went into regen then the engine check light came on, then the glow plug light started flashing, then it went into limp mode 50 miles from home. Great.

Turned out the sensor thought the DPF was blocked and no matter how many regens it did it couldn't clear it. RAC replaced it, forced a regen and the soot levels came straight down.

If it says "made in Malaysia" on the side it's the new one. The crummy ones were made in the US.