Scirocco wheels/ tyres

sparky750

Bit daft but as an impulse buy on eBay I've bought some 205/55/16 steels with winter rubber that have come from a scirocco Will they fit? God I hope so just to impulsive decent deal if they do but expensive flower pots if they don't. octavia mk2 (60 plate) VRS tdi estate

As an aside I'm having some Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2 fitted all round tomorrow I haven't rated the sport contact 2 that came on the car at all so I'm hoping these will be much quieter and offer more grip.

I must stress this is the wife's car so not pushed that hard often but I do pinch it occasionally and the lack of confidence in the sp2 ruins it for me.

Cheers guys I don't post much but have learnt loads reading through appreciate any help with the wheels collecting on Tuesday.

Edited by sparky750

The wheels themselves should fit - i reckon they'd have the same stud pattern and if they clear scirocco brakes i'd image they'd go over your Octy's ones.

Only thing you might want to check is that tyres sizes are compatible.

Google tyre size calculator bang in current OCty size and then 205/55/16 and makesure the rolling radius difference isn;t moer than 2 or 3%.

Any more than that and you'll have speedo/milometer issues.

Cheers guys that's a bit of a relief then. One thing I did notice was a winter tyre setting on the display of the skoda to adjust your speedo I've got a GPS snooper thing so ill are how far the speedo is out and adjust it accordingly.

Goodyear F1s fitted much much quieter on the road and second gear wheel spin has almost gone completely. I'm using it tomorrow for 450 miles so they'll get a damn good testing and ill report back but up to now much much better than the contis