Which diesel?

Mikey

As you all know there are different companies that offer diesel. Such as Shell, Tescos, Asdas, BP etc etc.

What I would like to know or understand, is there a huge difference between them? Besides the obvious thing - price!

I read some where that its ideal to put some BP Ultimate into it now and again to clean the fuel injectors and have better fuel economy. How come it does this? Even BP are advertising this on the tele.

I also read some where that supermarket fuels have some impurities, is this right?

Normally I use shell, tecos or sainsburys. But im tempted to use BP Ultimate or Shell's equivalent to see if there is a difference, in performance, economical.

What are you guy's opinion on this and whats it like after trying the "better" diesel!

Cheers

Tesco and all the supermarkets don't have refineries so they get their diesel from the main suppliers like BP, Shell, etc. The difference is that they don't add all the additives that the dedicated petrol stations do. However, I've tried Tesco's, Shell's and BP's and couldn't tell anything different between them in terms of performance, smoothness or economy. So I stick with the local Tesco and collect my Clubcard points :D

Chris