DSG issues in the Mideast: Clutch replacing?

I have a 2010 1.4 TSI DSG with about 27,000 km on the clock and have been experiencing issues with the transmission:

Rough/unsteady acceleration/throttle response on cold start at low speeds (exacerbates with air conditioning on).

Jerky/hesitant shifting from neutral to first to second gears even when warm (ie. when stopped in drive and letting off the brake pedal and slowly easing on the gas pedal). Extremely noticeable in bumper to bumper traffic driving.

Furthermore, when coasting at low speeds in a high gear and giving tiny amounts of throttle, I can hear metal clashing/clanging/chatter. It feel as if it's under powered due to the high gear engaged, yet the transmission does not shift down due to the minor amount of throttle.

In addition, I am located in Israel and there has been some controversy here over vehicles equipped with the DSG tranny which experienced issues. The importer claimed that a batch of vehicles had faulty clutches and in combination with the high humidity climate, needed replacement. As a result, the typical warranty period which is in place for vehicles here, 2 years, was extended to 3-5 years to cover gear issues and clutches were replaced for those experiencing issues as those described above. Currently, my vehicle is in its 3rd year of the warranty period.

Mechanics here have a horrible reputation, even "reputable" Skoda/VW service centers. I cannot rely on what they tell me and therefore need reliable advice.

Are these symptoms that require a clutch replacement or can they possibly be fixed through an ECU software/firmware update?

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about your current problem. But if someone tells you that a humid climate is going to effect the operation or reliability of wet multiplate clutches housed within a sealed gearbox unit, I would never completely trust anything they ever said.

Is the 1.4 with DSG not a 7 speed dry clutch system?

Thought it was the diesels that have the 6 speed wet clutch system?

Either way the humidity should not affect the operation of the clutch.

Definitely doesn't sound right. Get it to the dealer.

Phil

Possibly a bit of both.

Could be a hardware fault that is causing the software to go funny.

There have been the odd one's that have gone wrong and basically needed the gearbox and mechatronics replacing.

Phil